- Rehab project for the historic Sedro Woolley Carnegie Library (25 Jun 2022) June 30, 2022
- GWC picnic at Riverside Park in Sedro Wooley, WA (18 June 2022) June 20, 2022
- Dedication of the Gold Star Mothers Memorial Arbor, Greenacres Memorial Park, Ferndale, WA (29 Mat 2022) June 12, 2022
- Gold Star Mothers Memorial Arbor – veterans Plaza at Greenacres Memorial Park, Ferndale, WA (6 June 2022) June 6, 2022
- Memorial Day at Mable Leaf Cemetery, Oak Harbor (30 May 2022) June 4, 2022
- Bruce Bock speaks about the SAR Giving Campaigns (21 May 2022) May 29, 2022
- President Mike Hutchins delivers this month’s Patriot Minute (21 May 2022) May 29, 2022
Site Administation / Meta
Dedication of the Gold Star Mothers Memorial Arbor, Greenacres Memorial Park, Ferndale, WA (29 Mat 2022)
Gold Star Mothers Memorial Arbor – veterans Plaza at Greenacres Memorial Park, Ferndale, WA (6 June 2022)
Darlene Carlson, Regent of the Chief Whatcom Chapter of the Washington State Society – Daughters of the American Revolution (WSSDAR), had a design and vision in mind for a “Gold Star Mothers Memorial Arbor” in January of 2020. Ben Brown (retired U. S. Navy) took Regent Carlson’s design and redrafted it to scale and size. The finished Arbor is 24 feet wide from pillar to pillar and 14 feet tall in the center of the Arch. Ben Brown worked on fabrication, and Ron Wilson and Larry Montgomery, retired U.S. Army veterans (and members of the Vietnam Veterans Chapter #165), worked alongside Ben and AVV #165 member Ken Carlson to help build the Arbor. Other Vietnam Veterans also helped and donated time and materials, and community business supported the project. Regent Carlson selected the medallions with the Veterans. The center two stars have 100 mini lights run by solar power and are a tribute to those who Sacrificed for our Nation and light up at night. This was a two year project delayed by Covid-19 and was scheduled to be installed May 2021, but was finally installed on April 23, 2022 at Green Acres Memorial Park with the dedication on May 29, 2022. A Revolutionary War Patriots America 250! marker was also dedicated by the WSSDAR, located is on one of the pillars of the Arbor.
The WA SAR Color Guard participated in the annual Memorial Day events at Maple Leaf Cemetery in Oak Harbor, WA.
More images from the ceremony: